Sure, Schalke have a ton of young attacking talents who can double as strikers or wingers. Rabbi Matondo and Benito Raman are the two obvious ones but, given the right target man up top, Ahmed Kutucu could suit up out wide as well.
More from Release The Knappen
- Schalke 04: Arkadiusz Milik would take everything, but he’s worth it
- Schalke 04: Ozan Kabak makes Jean-Claire Todibo pass quietly
- Schalke 04: Omar Mascarell the only boost between now and then
- Schalke 04: David Wagner just has to make it to the end of the season
- Schalke 04: At least we still have Weston McKennie
Which is why my choice from Hamburger might be a bit eye-brow-raising, but I’m going to do it anyway—Bakery Jatta.
I have all the faith in the world that Matondo and Raman and Kutucu will pan out. Hell, Raman already has, for the most part. But you can’t be too sure when it comes to attacking options and right now, those three guys alone aren’t enough. Maybe a target man will fix that, or maybe a new, innovative winger will.
Jatta is tremendous at making something from nothing. He’s a dribbling wizard, he knows how to finish and while he needs to improve on his ball security, the groundwork is there for him to grow much more secure than he is.
He’s also willing to put in the defensive work as well, which is always such a nice addition when talking about any winger.
On to Hannover.