Just hearing (seeing) this team name again fills my heart with flutters. It was against them that Benito Raman broke out of his shell and became the forward that we needed him to be.
More from Release The Knappen
- Schalke 04: Arkadiusz Milik would take everything, but he’s worth it
- Schalke 04: Ozan Kabak makes Jean-Claire Todibo pass quietly
- Schalke 04: Omar Mascarell the only boost between now and then
- Schalke 04: David Wagner just has to make it to the end of the season
- Schalke 04: At least we still have Weston McKennie
Gushing aside, Bielefeld has one resource that I am more than a little interested in. And he’s not a potential play either. Though Bielefeld has several young options that would be worthy investments. Seeing as how they are destined to be promoted, it may be hard prying players from their ranks, but I would prioritize Cedric Brunner.
Brunner plays the crucial rightback position that may well be vacated if Jonjoe Kenny can’t be secured and Timo Becker doesn’t get a new deal.
Brunner is a versatile rightback who’s accrued two goals and two assists on the year. Not exactly that far from Jonjoe Kenny’s return, is it? Brunner is 26-years-old, so he’s nearing that point in his career when he needs to either get busy moving up or settle for where he is.
If the timing is right, it may be the ideal signing to secure for cheap. Next stop Vfl Bochum.